1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
2 Tbsp cane sugar or maple syrup
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
2. Mix milk, eggs, butter (and maple syrup if using instead of sugar) in a small bowl.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until well blended.
4. Use an ice cream scoop to scoop up the batter and drop it onto a hot, greased griddle. Cook on one side until bubbles form and flip. Cook until lightly browned.
5. Serve with real maple syrup or thawed frozen berries on top.
This is a great recipe for kids to help in the kitchen! They can dump in ingredients and stir!